Train the Trainer Workshops & Facilitator’s Workshops
Houston NVC offers online and in person workshops as entry points for the “why of facilitation” offering basic to advanced skills including icebreakers and tracking skills. For more information on these workshops, or to discuss next steps on your NVC journey, contact Karen Starz.
The Center for Nonviolent Communication is the only certification body for NVC. Their Candidate Packet explains the process for CNVC Certification.
This process is in depth and takes years of exploration, uncovering and learning of a life-changing process. All trainings given by CNVC certified trainers count towards a candidate’s hours with 30% being allowed for online courses. If you are taking courses with Houston NVC, please ask the facilitator if this counts towards hours and how to track those for your benefit.
Host a Workshop
If you are interested in hosting a workshop for your community, team, family or any other group we ask you consider the following:
- What time commitment are we willing and able to make?
- What is our budget?
- What would we like to focus on?
- Is there a specific facilitator we would like to invite (see facilitator’s page)?
- Are we willing to pay for travel and accommodations or do we want an online course?
- What do we hope to walk away with?
Once you have explored these questions we ask you contact the facilitator of choice or [email protected].